Thursday, January 22, 2009

Cliché It Again... I Dare You.

Now that 2008 is gone, it is my hope that these popular phrases from the year are as well.

"___________ is out-of-touch."
  • While the political figure I approve of populated it during the election, it was used extremely too much for my taste to describe his opponent. Now I'm hearing it used to describe everything from coaches to cereal. For example, "That Cap'n Crunch is out-of-touch," said Tony the Tiger.
"It is, what it is."
  • Really??? Then, what is it? Can you please be more discriptive than using its existence as the modifier. This is also a term predominant in sports, however an acquaintance of mine used it at the bar the other night. I then condescendingly questioned her about what it was. She disapproved.

"Think outside the box."

  • I've been hoping this one is gone since, ohhh, I don't know... 1994. It is my hope that one day people will automatically think of a new solution to an issue without having to be asked to "Think outside the fucking box". Damn-you to hell, Dilbert.

.

2 comments:

dn said...

Dilbert's responsible for so many ills. I'm glad he's fictional.

dn said...

also, I'm responsible for so many incorrect apostrophes.